CAASPP (previously called STAR) Testing
The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) system replaced the STAR program in January 2014. CAASPP includes:
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) online test (Grade 11 only)--scheduled by English Teacher
- English Language Arts and Literacy
- May 8 - 10, 2017: Mr. French's students
- May 15 - 17, 2017: Ms. Clements's and Mrs. Wertz's students
- May 22 - 24, 2017: Ms. Luce's and Mrs. Teal's students
- California Science Test (CAST) Pilot Science test (Grade 10 only)--scheduled by Science Teacher
- April 24 - 25: Students who have Mr. Henderson, Mrs. Grigoli, Mrs. Bottalico, or who have an IEP or 504 plan will test on these two dates.
- April 27 - 28: Students who have Ms. Sieveke, Dr. Backer, Ms. Kim, or Mr. Lutz will test on these two dates.
(California Alternative Assessment) Testing
- Grade 11 students
previously determined to take the CAPA in English Language Arts and
- Grade 10 students previously determined to take the CAPA in Science (pilot test for 2016-17)
Brea Olinda High School Parent Letter re: CAASPP (2017)--English
Brea Olinda High School Parent Letter re: CAASPP (2017)--Spanish
BOHS Grade 11 State Testing (CAASPP) Results
CAASPP Practice and Training Tests
To become acquainted with Grade 10 California Science Test (CAST) and Grade 11 Smarter Balanced online testing, students may take practice and training tests. Follow the directions to log in on the practice and training test page.
Smarter Balanced Universal Tools
Grade 11 students have access to universal tools embedded in the
Smarter Balanced online assessment in English language arts and
mathematics. This presentation briefly describes the tools available, and students may practice accessing and using them in the practice and training tests.