Senior College Information
CLASS OF 2019
Dear Senior Student and Parent or Guardian:
Congratulations on beginning your senior year! The following is important information to place on your calendar.
- Required for most four-year universities
- Register for online at www.collegeboard.com or www.actstudent.org.
- Take at least one ACT or SAT
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT Requests
- Deadline to request a recommendation in order to meet January private college application deadlines is Wednesday, November 7th
- Request official transcripts at www.parchment.com by Friday, December 14th.
COLLEGE ATHLETICS ELIGIBILITY
Planning to participate in athletics in college? You must register with the NCAA athttps://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3
COLLEGE ADMISSIONSThe California State University System (CSU), (https://www2.calstate.edu/apply application filing period is October 1st- November 30th, 2018
- The University of California System (UC), (www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply) application filing period is November 1st – HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 15TH, 2018.
- CSU and UC College Application Workshop: College Roadmap on Wednesday, October 10th events starting at 5:30 p.m. with more information to come via email and BOHS caller.
- Most private universities use the Common Application (www.commonapp.org) and require both secondary school reports and letters of recommendation
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- A completed interview packet is required for all college recommendations and secondary school reports
- Teachers and counselors require a four-week notice to prepare letters of recommendation
- Last day to request a letter of recommendation: Wednesday, November 7th
- Applications are online and open as early as December
- SAT or ACT is not required to attend a community college
- Placement testing in math and English are required, orientation as well as additional steps to complete the application process.
FINANCIAL AID and SCHOLARSHIPS
- The FAFSA priority application window: October 1st – March 2nd. File as early as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- The Financial Aid Workshop is scheduled as a break out session at College Roadmap on Wednesday, October 11th, at 5:30 p.m., in the PAC
- For a list of local, state and national scholarships please check the website under: BOHS Scholarship Information
- All junior and senior families are invited to attend the BOHS Out-of-State and International College Fair taking place on Monday, October 15th from 9:00 am-noon in the Main Gym.
- College representatives visit throughout the year. Check the website under Guidance/College Calendar to check to see what is up and coming. Don’t forget to sign up for REMIND to get all the updates!