Senior College Information
Dear Senior Student and Parent or Guardian:
Congratulations on beginning your senior year! The following is important information to place on your calendar.
- Required for most four-year universities
- Register for online at www.collegeboard.com or www.actstudent.org.
- Take at least one ACT or SAT
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT Requests
- Deadline to request a recommendation in order to meet January private college application deadlines is Wednesday, November 6th
- Request official transcripts at www.parchment.com by Friday, December 15th.
COLLEGE ATHLETICS ELIGIBILITY
Planning to participate in athletics in college? You must register with the NCAA athttps://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3
COLLEGE ADMISSIONSThe California State University System (CSU), (https://www2.calstate.edu/apply application filing period is October 1st- November 30th, 2019
- The University of California System (UC), (www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply) application filing period is November 1st.
- CSU and UC College Application Workshop: College Roadmap on Wednesday, October 2nd events starting at 5:30 p.m. with more information to come via email and BOHS caller.
- Most private universities use the Common Application (www.commonapp.org) and require both secondary school reports and letters of recommendation
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- A completed interview packet is required for all college recommendations and secondary school reports
- Teachers and counselors require a four-week notice to prepare letters of recommendation
- Last day to request a letter of recommendation: Wednesday, November 6th
- Applications are online and open as early as December
- SAT or ACT is not required to attend a community college
- Placement testing in math and English are required, orientation as well as additional steps to complete the application process.
FINANCIAL AID and SCHOLARSHIPS
- The FAFSA priority application window: October 1st – March 2nd. File as early as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- The Financial Aid Workshop is scheduled as a break out session at College Roadmap on Wednesday, October 2nd, at 5:30 p.m., in the PAC
- For a list of local, state and national scholarships please check the website under: BOHS Scholarship Information
- College representatives visit throughout the year. Check the website under Guidance/College Calendar to check to see what is up and coming.
If you have decided to attend Fullerton College this fall, BOHS is hosting a Fullerton College Educational Planning Course starting April 14th. The Counseling 140 class will meet 5 times on Tuesdays and students can earn 0.5 credits. Please note the necessary steps below to register for the class:
Students must complete the following:
1. Pick up a Fullerton College Special Admit form in the Counseling Office, fill out and turn in it to Counseling Office ASAP.
2. Begin the application process in the College and Career Center Tuesday, March 17 at Lunch, 5th period, 6th period or after school.
3. Attend a FC Enrollment Session in the College and Career Center Tuesday, March 31 at Lunch, 5th period, 6th period or after school.