AP Capstone Diploma Program
Brea Olinda High School is excited to offer the AP® Capstone Diploma™ program starting Fall 2022!
The AP® Capstone Diploma™ program is an innovative program that encourages students to develop skills for college and career success, including critical thinking, research, collaboration, and communication. The program includes two yearlong courses taken in sequence–AP Seminar and AP Research–that will be offered starting next year.
AP Capstone Diploma Requirements: 3 or higher on AP Seminar test, AP Research test, and 4 additional AP exams of the student’s choosing *If student only scores a 3 or higher on AP Seminar and AP Research tests--AP Capstone certificate
Why Offer AP Capstone Diploma?
- Increase AP course offerings for students in the Sophomore and Senior years.
- Enhance current course offerings to ensure recognition/credit that is commensurate to the work/learning completed.
- Increase the number of students meeting the A-G requirements.
- Address gaps between our LatinX, SPED, Low- SES and the rest of the school.
Four-Year Academic Plan
AP Capstone Seminar - meets (b) category for UC A-G requirements
- Fulfill English 10 requirement for graduation (sophomore English)
- Replace existing section of Lit/comp 2 (H) or English 2, depending on student type.
AP Capstone Research - meets (g) category for UC A-G requirements
- Fill an elective course in 12th grade.
Benefits to Your Child: AP Capstone Diploma
- Explore meaningful topics
- Develop skills and abilities for college and career success
- Distinguish yourself on college/university applications
- Four-year academic plan to fulfill A-G requirements and reach “prepared” status as a high school graduate