Welcome to BOHS Instrumental Music!
Director of Instrumental Music
Brea Olinda High School
We made it through the first week of school! Yay! Here’s some information in preparation for our first Home Football Game next week!
- See’s Candy Sales
- Please sell that candy! (workplaces are great targets) Those order forms are due very soon!
- Percussion Sectionals on Thursdays are going to be slightly altered from now on:
- Rehearsals will start at 3pm
- Students will be dismissed at 5:45pm
- Paperwork - I am asking for the following paperwork by next Friday 8/30
- Activities Emergency Card/Off Campus Trip Permission Form - these have been handed out to the students in class and more are available on the music stand by the Band Room door (or in the activities office). Students are not allowed to travel off campus without this form!
- Under “nature of trip”/”Destination” write “All Marching Band and Wind Ensemble events” (add Color Guard / Winter Drumline if applicable)
- Mark “District Bus” for transportation
- If you would like to be available for carpooling (not mandatory), you must fill out the bottom section and get your automobile insurance verified with the activities office.
- Band Contract
- As was passed out at the info meeting - I have a majority of them but please get the rest in!
- Equipment Check - Next Tuesday I will have section leaders do an equipment check at the after school rehearsal. All students are required to have:
- All music in a binder with clear plastic inserts, their coordinate sheet(s) in their Dotbook, instrument materials, pencil
- Uniform - Reminder that all students must have their black marching shoes, white gloves, long black socks, athletic shorts, and Band T Shirt before next Friday, August 30th. Please contact Mr. Charrette ASAP if you have any difficulty acquiring any of these materials. STUDENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THEIR UNIFORM MATERIALS MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. All students were fitted for their uniform this week. Make-up uniform fittings will happen after schools starting Monday and need to be made by appointment with Mrs. De Porto. Color guard needs to consult with Rachel Yoo for their uniform requirements.
- Band Donations
- We will accept donations large and small at any time (every contribution is greatly appreciated!), but we prefer donations to come in sooner rather than later. If possible, please turn in your band donations to Mr. Charrette or directly to Leann Schouten by next Friday, August 30th. Thank you!
- Food Orders
- Halftime food orders for band students will be made available next week. Orders and payment are due to Mr. Charrette by Wednesday 8/28! This is super important as it helps us a lot to know how much food to get so we don’t have too much or too little.
8/30 Home Football Game v. Sonora HS Schedule:
- 5pm - Pit Call Time (start moving equipment down immediately)
- 5:30pm - Call Time
- 5:30pm-5:45pm - Change into Uniform & get instruments
- 5:45pm-6pm - Winds warm up / rehearsal by the flag pole
- ~6:00pm - Drumline leads team to Stadium (returns immediately after)
- 6:15pm - Full Band marches to Stadium (back road)
- ~6:50pm - Band takes field & performs National Anthem (Star Spangled Banner)
- 7:00pm - Game Start
- ~8:00pm-8:30pm - Halftime Field Show
- 3rd Quarter - Band has off - rejoin for 4th quarter
- ~9:30pm-10:00pm - approx. game end
- ~10:00pm - March back to band room (go around Food Court) - change out of uniform & pack up
- ~10:15pm Dismissal
- I will notify parents through the Remind app of the actual game end and approximate time of dismissal. (to sign up, text @bohsband19 to the number 81010)
- FYI - The “Hello Dance” will take place from 9-11pm in the Food Court area so plan on staying clear of there as much as possible.
I’m super excited for the start of our season! Let’s start getting hyped!!